Bob La Londe

"HotRod" wrote in message
What would be a decent length for the great lakes? remember this isn't for
living aboard and when I say rough I just mean 3' waves close to shore.

Ah, that makes more sense. Of course I can run a bass boat in 3 footers and
worse. (and have) Just about anything you want in a 25' rig should handle
three footers safely. My dad runs a 22' Bayliner walk around cuddy with
twin 150s for fishing that stuff. It does great. His 24 foot Searay with
twin 4 cyl Chevy I/Os is a better ride, but he prefers the lighter more
efficient Bayliner. And for those who would denigrate Bayliner... I would
have to agree. The transom rotted out (with no external damage) on it after
only a couple years and he had to have it rebuilt at his own expense.

--
Bob La Londe
http://www.YumaBassMan.com