Epoxy is Marine Glue. There are several other kinds of marine glue,
but epoxy is the best.

Gorilla glue will work, but only if you make perfect joints, because
it loses a lot of strength if you start using to fill a small void and
glue at the same time. Gorilla glue also has a short shelf life after
its been opened, it reacts with air.

Polester resin will work but is not as elastic or strong as epoxy.

There are a lot of good epoxies out there, but I've had my best luck
so far with West System. I have had no problems with getting the last
10 oz's out of a gallon like some epoxies. Also the the pump spouts
that automatically measure are well worth the money. They will save
you money down the line, because you will be able to quickly measure
out and mix small batches when you are just gluing a small piece. Or
mix a little more real fast because you didn't have enough the first
time. Or not add too much hardner and have your cup of mixed epoxy go
hard before you use it.

On 8 Jul 2005 15:16:36 -0700, wrote:

I am in the process of building a bankers dory. The Bill of Materials
calls for Marine Glue.

My partner wants to use an epoxy instead. Anyone been down this road
before?