HotRod

What would be a decent length for the great lakes? remember this isn't for
living aboard and when I say rough I just mean 3' waves close to shore. I've
been out in much rougher water but haven't ventured far into the open water.
Actually now that I think about it every time I've been in really rough
water it's either been an old friends jet boat or a jet ski???? No interest
in a jet powered boat though.

"HotRod" wrote in message
Does anyone here want to entertain building ideas for a hypothetical boat?
If so please keep physics real....IF there is such a thing

Here are the requiremements

1) 25' boat (not a live aboard)
2) mono or cat hull
3) Speed vs. Cost is an issue
4) Most comfortable ride
5) For use on Great Lakes in rough water for day and weekend trips and
some light tubing skiing.
6) Diesel engines
7) Build cost isn't an issue (Carbon Fiber, Fiber Glass etc. etc.)
8) Max crusing speed around 60+ mph

Right now I'm picturing a 25' Offshore Cat with a lot of toys and radar
tower...