NOYB

"thunder" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:25:46 +0000, NOYB wrote:

earn $18-20/hr (or more). There are at least 5-10 ads running in the
local paper at any given time looking for assistants and/or hygienists.
Hygienists, by the way, earn $35-40/hour.

Every business owner I know has trouble finding employees. It doesn't
matter what field of employment they're looking to fill. I just went to
get my haircut the other day and the wait was 2 hours because there was
only 1 lady working. All she did was bitch the entire time that nobody
wants to work.

The jobs are there.

But are there places to live? Just curious, can a $35-40 wage afford to
live in Naples, with it's rapidly escalating real estate prices? Some of
that help finding employees may be local.

Yes, but barely. A single income household earning $12-20/hour would have
to rent. Unfortunately, they have to compete with many dual-income
households *and* the baby boomer retirees.