John H. wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 20:43:07 -0400, HarryKrause wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 19:37:10 -0400, HarryKrause wrote:

*JimH* wrote:
"HarryKrause" wrote in message
Stories From the Front
by Cindy Sheehan

Lisa from Washington State writes:

My son in law in Iraq said they are being pressured round the clock to
re-enlist or face stop loss.
snip

Not true according to my friends who both have sons in the Marines,
including one presently stationed in Baghdad and one who is soon to go to
Iraq.

How valid is this story you cut and pasted off the internet Harry? Do you
really believe everything you read on the net? (I guess you do).
I have no reason to doubt the veracity of "Lisa" from Washington State.
I have no reason to believe anything you post.

PS, "Stop Loss" is not something that is at the discretion of the local company
commander. Individuals are not stop-lossed, units or military occupational
specialties may be.

No commander has the ability to 'stop loss' someone for not reenlisting.

One would not expect you to know better.

Doesn't mean an unsophisticated grunt at the front would know that.

You've never been there, Harry, so how do you know what they know? Those
'unsophisticated grunts' (as you call them), have a lot more intelligence and
'sophistication' than you give them credit for.

Stop putting down those whose shoes you don't fit, let alone have ever walked
in.

I love it! This is the typical response when there is no other. To say
that someone had to have been there to understand and know what goes on
is absurd. An analogy:
My wife just turned someone in to DFACS for child abuse. This child
came to school with welts on her legs, my wife asked what happened. The
child said her dad beat her with a belt. Well, DFACS gets there, and
they tell my wife that this isn't the first time for this girl. It's
bad enough that the cops are called. Now, using YOUR foolish analogy,
perhaps my wife shouldn't have called, because no matter what evidence
and facts, she wasn't there......