LD

I should have mentioned it will run wide open a minute or two before it
shuts down. Do you still think it's timing? I would think if it was
timming it would consistently stall as soon as it reached that rpm.
Secondly, if it was timing would you think it's a little retarded to cause
these symptoms?
Thanks, LD

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
nk.net...
Sounds more like timing. Especially with a new stator.

"LD" wrote in message
.. .
Any ideas? recently at wide open throttle (5400 to 5600 rpm) my 200

merc
stalls, like it runs out of fuel. No problem at 5000rpm. It acts the
same
off two different tanks/lines. Although I've been told it needs 3/8"

line
it has been running on the "original" 5/16. Only change has been a

recent
replacement of the stator and the mechanic says that would not cause it

act the way I describe.

I replaced the fuel pump diaphragm last year. I checked the filter

screen
on the engine recently and it only had a small amount of trash which I
removed.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
LD