Remco Moedt

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:34:30 GMT, "Scott" wrote:

Hi Dave -

The thing is, they were referring specifically to headsail systems; this is
why I was confused!

Isn't roller furling vertical, i.e. in the mast, and roller reefing
horizontal, i.e. around the boom?

Cheers!

Remco

"Dave" wrote in message
On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 17:54:47 GMT, "Scott" said:

During a reefing discussion the distinction was made between headsail

roller
furling and roller reefing systems. How does one tell the difference?

I suspect that when they referred to roller reefing systems they were
referring to the system my old Islander 24 had, where one reefed the main

by
pulling out the boom from the mast, and rolling the sail around it like a
window shade. Never used the system myself as I installed slab reefing as

an
early modification.