John Seager

"Terry Spragg" wrote in message
Mark wrote:

I have decided to replace the old floor in my 1986 Four Winns, as

itSNIP

Spin saw with depth guide?

I've recently cut out some pieces of 12mm plywood decking with a circular
saw. With careful setting of the depth of cut you can go exactly as deep as
you need, and no more. I got it down to such precision that I was able to
cut the wood but leave behind the layer of paint, which I could break with a
firm thump. The only problem is getting right up to the edge, but my saw
cuts to within about 15mm of the edge. Corners are best finished off with a
jig saw. There is a special wide blade that allows you to cut parallel to
the surface (i.e. without the blade going down through the wood , much like
you would with a tenon saw) - this works very well for getting into awkward
corners.
John.