Tallahassee, St. Marks or Shell Pt did not have evacuation orders.
Tallahassee is simply too far inland and the storm was not expectd to
really impact St. Marks or Shell Pt.

History really should be a guide here. Both St. Marks and Shell Pt sit
at the tip of broad shallow south opening Apalachee Bay, a perfect
scenario for extreme storm surge. The earliest recorded storm surge
was int he mid 1500s when the Spanish fort at St. Marks was destroyed
by a 20' surge. In the early 1800s, Port Leon just downriver from St.
Marks was destroyed by a storm surge. In the mid 1800s, numerous
deaths were caused at the St. marks light when people took refuge in
the lighthousekeepers house and in the stairwell of the lighthouse.
People less than 20' up in the stairwell drowned.
I have heard that there are indications of a 28' surge on very old
trees some time in the past. I once read of indications in inland
dunes of a 30' surge just to the west hundreds of years ago.