Mungo Bulge

The short answer is almost none. Fully cured epoxy is one of the most
solvent resistant polymer systems known. It can be softened by very
strong, but difficult to handle, solvents like dimethylformamide, but
because of its high molecular weight and inherent chemical resistance
it is practically not removable by chemical means.

http://www.hisglassworks.com/pages/attack.html seem to think
otherwise. A hot air gun can also heat epoxy to over 225 C which will
soften it to the consistency of brown sugar.

"FCC Director" wrote in message
| I've tried many, many, solvents on epoxy. (Pardon the spelling.
| It's late and my spell check doesn't do basic chemisty.) The only
| thing that I found that seemes to work consistantly is something
like
| the Butyl Lactone solution used to remove flux from circuit boards.
It
| doesn't seem to dig into phynolic matricies, but most epoxies I've
| tried it in fell right atart. DO NOT get this on anything that you
| want to keep and re-use. Small drops ate clean through a plastic
| windshield I wanted to keep, Caused latex gloves to stick to my
hands.
| It also ate my blue tarp and made a glob out of it. Test it on small
| areas first. Some substances it turnes to goo, while others it
caused
| to become embrittled and crazed. It seems to clean up with acitone
or
| soapy water. It becomes terribly exothermic when reacting with basic
| compounds. (LIKE SOAP)
| Good Luck.
| On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 16:27:15 -0400, "James & Julie Fields"
| wrote:
|
| Hello all,
| I am working on a Vhull boat and am trying to raise the top section
from the
| bottom section to repair some flooring.. we have raised most of the
top
| section off but have come to a halt when trying to completely
seperate the 2
| sections. The back of the boat has soft yet dense "epoxy" type
sealant or
| absorbant on it. We are trying to find a way to dissolve it or free
it so we
| can raise the top half of the boat. Does anyone have any
suggestions on how