FCC Director

I've tried many, many, solvents on epoxy. (Pardon the spelling.
It's late and my spell check doesn't do basic chemisty.) The only
thing that I found that seemes to work consistantly is something like
the Butyl Lactone solution used to remove flux from circuit boards. It
doesn't seem to dig into phynolic matricies, but most epoxies I've
tried it in fell right atart. DO NOT get this on anything that you
want to keep and re-use. Small drops ate clean through a plastic
windshield I wanted to keep, Caused latex gloves to stick to my hands.
It also ate my blue tarp and made a glob out of it. Test it on small
areas first. Some substances it turnes to goo, while others it caused
to become embrittled and crazed. It seems to clean up with acitone or
soapy water. It becomes terribly exothermic when reacting with basic
compounds. (LIKE SOAP)
Good Luck.
On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 16:27:15 -0400, "James & Julie Fields"
wrote:

Hello all,
I am working on a Vhull boat and am trying to raise the top section from the
bottom section to repair some flooring.. we have raised most of the top
section off but have come to a halt when trying to completely seperate the 2
sections. The back of the boat has soft yet dense "epoxy" type sealant or
absorbant on it. We are trying to find a way to dissolve it or free it so we
can raise the top half of the boat. Does anyone have any suggestions on how
to accomplish this.

thanks