Calif Bill

Default Boat illegally docked?

"ClassicBoat" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 22:35:10 -0700, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

"noah" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 21:38:11 -0700, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

have to give a public easement. The easement is for his access to the

lake,
not a private dock, he did not build, does not own, etc. He could

possibly
drop a mooring anchor and buoy, but this is regulated by the gov't in

most
public lakes and by the CCR's of the property owners on private lakes.
Bill

I understand your position, Bill, but I still think the man needs to
determine what is allowed by state, local, and Property Association
regulations (if any). If the dock is available for unrestricted use
by the "property owners", then the man is within his rights to dock
there. If there are restrictions, then he may have to move his boat.

Without knowing the facts, there is no way for me, or you, to come to
any reasonable conclusion.

Courtesy of Lee Yeaton,
See the boats of rec.boats
www.TheBayGuide.com/rec.boats

What I am saying is this is a convience dock. Not a personal, private

dock.
His docking there mostly removes the dock from the usage of any other

lake
owner. fHe needs to build a dock in front of his property. Get

permission,
or whatever from the rest of the lake owners. He is using this as his
personal owned dock.
Bill

How do you know this? I even posted a pointed question to the
original poster querying this point. Since the OP hasn't responded, I
assume he doesn't know the answer, either.

HE does not own the dock. Does not have a deed to it, and is on an
easement. Why would you or he think they have an exclusive right to hog the
dock?
Bill