NOYB

"Jim Carter" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
k.net...
This is more than US vs. China. Japan, Europe, and Canada are joining
the
US in our displeasure with the unfair trade practices being committed by
China. Today's data will bring this issue to the forefront...and it
won't
be long before the "T" word (tariffs) becomes all the talk in the Capitol
and on the news. Just watch.

Please leave Canada out of your rant. Canada enjoys it's trading
status
with China.

Hehehe. Trade status? Wal-Mart buys more from China than Canada buys from
China. *That's* "trade status".

Perhaps the G8 ought to be expanded to the G9...with the Walton's as the
ninth trade power. Or we could just make it the G6...and drop Australia,
Canada, and Russia off the list and add Wal-Mart...since Wal-Mart does more
in trade with China than any of them.

The only reason Canadians claim that they "enjoy their trade status" with
China is because they're afraid of losing their best trade partner (US!) if
the dollar plummets due to a U.S./China trade war.

"Furthermore, our exporters benefit by importing components from China to
build into their products. This boosts productivity and lowers costs, which
means more export sales to the U.S. and elsewhere."

Don't count on it. We're not going to import a whole lot of Canadian goods
if the Chinese do anything (ie-dump T-bills) to further devalue the dollar.

The Canadians are getting ahead of themselves. They're banking on China
becoming the World's largest economy. The best estimate as to when this
will happen is 35+ years from now. They're looking at the long-term...and
forgetting that in the short-term their economy almost completely relies
upon the U.S. Don't stand with us now on this trade issue with the Chinese,
and you'll be hurtin' for certain in the short term.