Bob La Londe

"HotRod" wrote in message
I know this group is dedicated to boat building but I was wondering if
someone here could answer this question. WHY don't you see more boat houses
on the great lakes? I've seen dozens on the St. Lawrence River but can't
say I remember seeing any on the great lakes. I know in the winter time the
ice on the lakes can create a lot of pressure but wouldn't there we some
way to create a boat house out a little ways in the lake?

The great lakes have huge storms. Erie and Superior have sunk a lot of
boats and ships which IMO will weather a storm much better than a fixed
structure. Don't know that much about the other great lakes. Erie has a
shallow basin that can really roll waves bad.

I don't know much about ice, but Erie can freeze solid enough to drive
trucks on it all the way out to the islands for supply runs some winters.

JMO.
--
Bob La Londe
http://www.YumaBassMan.com