Roger Long

I fail to see the philosophical distinction between a temperature
gauge which is a gadget and a water flow sensor which is a gadget. A
agree with your comments on watchstanding and paying attention to your
machinery but it's nice to have back up on some critical things.

The simple panel for my engine only has a temperature alarm light and
buzzer which just tells you that the situation has already gotten so
bad that you'd better shut the engine down right now. Knowing right
away that the water has stopped buy a few minutes that I could use to
advantage.

I wouldn't have put this in if I had a good temperature gauge but
there was room for the little light and not for another dial.

--

Roger Long

wrote in message
ps.com...
Roger Long wrote:

It must work
better with engines 50 hp and up than with my 20 hp Yanmar or it
would
have been off the market long ago.

Not necessarily. It might even improve sales & profits. Gadgets of
any degree of uselessness are a big money industry for people who
aren't content with a fully-sufficient temp guage, other direct
observation of normal watchstanding, & the feel & sound of the
little
plant. Changes in these things will tell you more than any new
instruments, and they cost nothing with no maintenance. But they do
not bring the emotional satisfaction or bragging rights of another
cool
device aboard. ;-)