Larry

"Roger Long" wrote in
:

I'm finding the Aqualarm raw water flow alarm to be a much better idea
in theory than practice. I'm going to call them soon and would be
like to hear any other experiences.

I'd be concerned this alarm not going off would make someone complacent to
the engine temp guage going up and not being noticed....

Does your Yanmar have the freshwater coolant recovery tank with the hose
connected to the cap? The hose under the cap is a PRIME suspect in
overheating. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. The hose falls off
and the cooling system sucks in air instead of coolant every time it cools
off...emptying the cooling system far enough to cause overheating. You
look at the coolant recovery tank...it looks like it's got plenty of
coolant because it's overfilled, when, in fact, the heat exchanger on top
of the Yanmar is nearly empty, filled with recovered AIR from the leaky or
loose hose under that cap. Stupid, Yanmar...STUPID!

If you've got a temp guage and overheat alarm, you don't need this other
alarm problem going off. Dump it. It's only a diesel engine, not the
Space Shuttle....(c;

--
Larry

This jerk called my cellphone and was nasty.
Continental Warranty -- MCG Enterprises -- Mepco-
24955 Pacific Coast HWY Suite C303
Malibu California 90265
888-244-0925
Fax: 310-456-8844