Larry

(Mic) wrote in :

A Boat application??

ARRRRGH! Just what every boat needs, something POURING more moisture into
the hull to mildew and rot everything inside!

I must admit it WAS fun when I lived in Tehran, Iran going into Americans'
apartments with swamp coolers. Americans are used to closed-system air
conditioning, so they used to close up all the windows, doors, vents, etc.,
then turn on the swamp cooler. The huge fans in the rooftop-mounted
monster swamp coolers pressurized those apartments so good it would blow
the door out of your hands when you opened the latch. You could hear the
door whistling under the pressure before you opened it!

Of course, you'd freeze to death in Tehran, where the humidity sometimes
approached 5% in the desert on the S side of the Alborz Mtns, if you opened
a window on the opposite side from your swamp cooler and ran the fan on
high. I could get my apartment down to about 65F that way. Our swamp
coolers even had thermostats on them so you could select a temperature.

Of course, they don't work well in high humidity environments like MARINAS
or OCEANS....

--
Larry

This jerk called my cellphone and was nasty.
Continental Warranty -- MCG Enterprises -- Mepco-
24955 Pacific Coast HWY Suite C303
Malibu California 90265
888-244-0925
Fax: 310-456-8844