habbi

I like to put the brushes upside down after cleaning to dry. This way any
residual paint in the thinner will drain down the handle and not collect on
the bristle tips and harden. Also when doing epoxy I just put the brush in a
heavy duty ziplock with acetone, mushed the bristles a bit and left it until
I needed it again. It never dried, just shake out the acetone before using.

"Peggie Hall" wrote in message
One more thing: always hang your brushes to store them, never in a
drawer. And always putthe cardboard wrapper back on 'em after you've
cleaned 'em. Don't wait till the brush is dry to put the wrapper back
on...it needs to dry IN the wrapper...'cuz that's what keeps the
bristles "organized" so you don't have strays sticking out next time you
want to use it.

I've owned several GOOD paint brushes in assorted sizes for years, for
both oil and latex paints....they're expensive, but definitely a
worthwhile investment (so is the best quality paint). If I can't finish
a job in one "sitting," it's not necessary to clean the brush...the
important thing is to keep it from drying out. So I just wrap the
bristles in wet rag (latex) or a rag soaked in paint thinner (oil or
varnish)--not dripping wet, just damp--and put it in a ziplock till the
next day, or even the next...clean it when the job is done.

--
Peggie

http://www.seaworthy.com/store/custo...0&cat=6&page=1