l oc

Default 87 mercury 45 classic 50

I have a 87 mercury 45 classic 50 - I was running the motor dry and
noticed that the muffs had fallen off the water intake. I immediately
reconnected the muffs but it ran very hot. Currently I am
experiencing poor performance(will not stay running and wont come to
top rpms - even in the water with the additional back pressure. One
issue that I know I have is an air leak in the fuel line which I will
be taking care of. The most important part is that #1 cylinder is
clean and dry and the other three spark plugs have the usual build up
and are wet w fuel. Have I seized a valve or piston ? Can it be
fixed ? Is it expensive ? How can I assure that that is the problem
? Any help would be appreciated.