Joe Here

Default Gotta fit this boat in garage, 3" to spare in width. Doable as a practical matter? - Trcator.jpg (0/1)

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 17:21:09 GMT, WaIIy
wrote:

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 00:57:58 -0500, Joe Here wrote:

On 1 Feb 2004 14:09:25 -0800, (Mitchell Gossman)
wrote:

Haven't bought the boat yet, but the single garage door opening to my
triple garage is 105" wide, the boat I want is 102" wide. 1-1/2"
doesn't seem like much leeway when backing a 1-1/2 ton dual axle
boat/trailer in. Or is it?

It is a triple garage, but only the single door side is deep enough.
Is it possible to put her in diagonally through the double door with
the stern in the single side, then swing te tongue around in terms of
keeping the stern from swinging way over to the double side and with
the double axle situation?

I could attach it to a tongue on my more maneuverable 18 HP Honda
tractor mower, unsure if it has the strength and weight to accomplish
it - would trying it be worthwhile, or do I risk looking like
something out of a Laurel and Hardy short?

Thanks for any advice.

Don't sell your tractor short. So long as the tongue wieght is not
excessive, and you can get traction on the wheels, your 18hp
tractor will move the boat easily. Attached is a small photo (flames
expexted) of my son moving our heavy fiberglass boat with an old 11hp
tractor. He was moving it to drain the rain water out!

I appologise, if the small Jpeg steals band-width from our political
posters.

Regards,
Joe.

You're just as rude as they are. This is NOT a binary group.

Please accept my humble appologies. I was trying to help a fellow
boater, with a binary that is way smaller than many of the political
"OFF TOPIC" posts, and actually related to boats. I admit, it was
wrong of me to try an attach a small binary (29K) sorry.

I guess Bush, the Democrats & Janet Jackson's exposed breast, will
help this guy get his boat in garage.

Cheers