NetSock

Default boat thieves are back in busiess

"DSK" wrote in message
.. .
This makes a lot more sense than what happens most often here in the US-
the kids are set free without so much as a harsh word, their parents
sue the police, and the robbery victim pays double.

DSK

Boy aint that the truth.

Some teenage boy was caught on a boat at the local marina by another fellow
boater. He was apparently rifling thru the boat, setting things aside,
apparently to take. The kid didn't want to stick around while the police
were phoned, so the good Samaritan "held" the youth until police arrived.
The way I understand it, the guy blocked the dock with his body, and at one
point was holding on to the kids jacket. There was no struggling, hitting,
or fighting...the teen complied after just a few seconds.

When the police did arrive, they took the boy into custody, and called his
father. When the father showed up at the marina, and was told what happened,
the father blew up at the Samaritan, stating he had no right to hold/touch
his son, and he was going to sue him. The police did not interfere at all,
and even forced the Samaritan to supply the father with his personal
information. The teen was released to his father with no charges filed, but
the police said detectives would investigate further.

Now I don't know what eventually happened in that case, but how screwed up
is that!?

I teach my kids to respect adults and authority...I would have thanked the
man for holding my son there to take his medicine, and came down on him
twice as hard for trying to leave the scene. I mean, what does this teach
the offending youth? He's sitting there watching his own father defend his
illegal acts...what a piece of work.

They should make those kind of parents serve the time in jail with their
offspring.

--
It's just about going fast...that's all...

http://home.insight.rr.com/cgreen/