NOYB

Default OT--Democrats On Record Concerning WMD

"thunder" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 03:08:01 +0000, NOYB wrote:

The lying issue is, well...no issue at all. He didn't lie about

Saddam's
WMD's anymore than any of the Dems lied about them for the 5-year period
leading up to the war.

The more I read about this administration, the more I believe Bush didn't
lie. I think he gave far too much weight to Rumsfeld's rantings. While
lying may not be the issue, competence sure is. We preemptively invaded a
country on faulty intelligence. What do you tell the families of the 500
dead soldiers? Ooops, sorry.

Actually, the WMD's were one of *many* reasons we went into Iraq to remove
Saddam. However, as Wolfowitz said, they "chose the one area issue everyone
could agree on".

What do you tell the families? You tell 'em the several other reasons
Saddam needed to be removed...including his assassination attempt on an
ex-President, his financial (and possibly logistical )support of terrorists,
his violation of UN resolution 1441, his historical aggression towards other
oil producing countries in the Middle East, and his active pursuit of
biological and nuclear weapons. To most rationale people, those are
sufficient reasons to use our military.