Mungo Bulge

I'm wrong... I took my own asvice, and read the manufacturer
information. Guess what, Formica does have a grain, just like real
wood.
"Laminates expand and contract twice as much in their cross-grain
direction as they do in their grain (parallel with the sanding lines)
direction. Always align the sanding lines of the front and back
laminates in the same direction and, wherever possible, align the
grain direction of the laminate with the longest panel dimension. It
is also advisable to align the grain and cross-grain directions of the
laminates with that of the substrate."
http://images.formica.com/assets/pdfs/5 PanelWarpBrief.pdf
COOL...

Shawn

"Mungo Bulge" wrote in message
|I was just reading the user's guide for West System and they have
four
| descriptive categories for epoxy and its uses. Syrup, ketchup,
| mayonnaise and peanut butter. They recommend wetting out laminations
| with syrup and then spreading ketchup (with a notched trowel) on one
| or both pieces. So, yes, you should use a filler, or at least follow
| the manufactures (epoxy) recommendations.
| http://www.formica.co.uk/index.cfm?F...y&ContentID=82
|
| As for grain, I've never hear that it had one, in the same sense
that
wrong |
| Shawn
--- snip ---