pete

Default using epoxy with formica

Hi all,
I am just about to bond some formica (plastic laminate) to plywood
using epoxy. Am I right in assuming that because the surfaces are flat
and smooth, I won't need to add microfibres or other fillers? I
anticipate coating both surfaces and I intend pressing the surfaces
together under a veneer press.

I'd appreceate any input on this as I have never used epoxy like this
before, nor bonded formica using epoxy.

On similar point, someone mentioned to me that formica had a grain in
its construction; if this is correct, does it have an effect on the
way it pulls? I ask because normally when pressing veneers, they
should be cross grained at 90 degrees to the veneers below.

Thanks

Pete