DownTime

Default how to size a trailer

"RCL - landlocked" wrote in message
news
Morning all,

I'm looking for information on sizing a trailer. I've found a 23'

Aquarius,
dry 2250lbs, but no trailer. Price is right - free. Center board

retracks
and hull is a round bilge. Any ideas or recommendations on configuration,
dual v single axle and sources welcome. Also I'll need surge brakes, so
anything you'd like to share there will be great.

I'm new to the group but your responces have been very heplfull to date.
Thanks,
Richard

First thing I would do if I was you would be to check the Yellow pages in
your area and call a few local trailer businesses. They would be the best
source of information, and more than likely will help you ensure the trailer
is correctly set-up. They may even give you a loaner to bring them the boat.

There are quite a number of potentially dangerous issues if this is not done
correctly. Of primary concern would be the overall weight, tongue weight,
balance, etc. A dual axle is always better for load balancing, and it will
give more control in the event of a blowout(been there, done that, not
wanting THAT to ever happen again!)