Don White

HarryKrause wrote:
snip
I've never understood the enmity some US citizens have for Canada, and
no, I'm not referring to Tom and his comment. We've got a few folks
here, Robbins being one of them, who seem to have a burning hatred for
Canada and Canadians.

You couldn't ask for a better neighbor than Canada, a free, democratic,
Western nation, a reliable ally, a place where US citizens are welcome.
I've been going to Canada for pleasure and business since I was seven
years old (my dad bought wood boats from Nova Scotia back then, and I
got to go with him on a couple of trips), I've been to Canada dozens of
times, and I love going there.

Most Canadians and Americans can and do get along just fine. We even
have a certain yahoo factor out in Alberta that Bert would warm up to.
The Acadian French in this area are are a warm friendly people and close
relatives of your Cajuns. That's why I find it funny when Bert or
someone else trashes all Canadians...we're almost as diversified as
south of the border. If Bert doesn't like a sensible Maritimer, he
might love a brash hard drinking Calgarian.