Don White

HarryKrause wrote:
Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 23:24:20 -0400, "Bert Robbins"
wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message

Bert Robbins wrote:

I didn't sign the pledge, asshole!

Who was that 'great American' who said "stupid is as stupid says"?
Any idea Bert?

And, who was "the great Canadian," never mind there isn't one.

Um...that's not true.

Alexander Graham Bell (telephone) was Canadian and Frederick Banting
(insulin) right off the top of my head.

James Naismith was a Canadian. He invented basketball.
Colleen Dewhurst, the great actress.

I know Bert was just funnin' and since there are so many Canadian
inventors etc... I'll just throw a few Nova Scotians at him.
SIR STANFORD FLEMMING set up the worlds system of standard time and
time zones
JOSEPH HOWE fought for and received the first responsible gov't in
the British Commonwealth
fought for and won freedom of the press in Canada
By the way, we have to share BELL with Brampton , Ontario and the US.
When in Cape Breton (each summer) he did invent the hydrofoil and one
winter his plane made the first power flight in the British Empire on
the Bras d'Or Lakes.
Lets not for get good ole Halifax boy, SAMUEL CUNARD who started the
Cunard Steamship company and the White Star Line.
ABRAHAM GESNER inventor of kerosene
etc..etc..
if interested see...
http://inventors.about.com/library/weekly/aa090100a.htm