Geoff Schultz

I still have more questions about RO systems. Manufactures quote their
system production rates in GPD and Amps. I compare them by calculating
product Gallons per Amp-hour, and the rates seem to be all over the board.
For example, Village Marine systems utilize about 2 AH per gallon for their
Little Wonder Systems. HRO systems are 4+ AH per gallon.

The manufacture's publications make you believe that their systems have
become more efficient through their pump and motor technology. Is there
really that much difference in technology? Some vendors claim to have an
energy recovery system, but I don't understand what this is or how it
works. It certainly doesn't seem to apply to basic systems that I'm
looking at.

Any insights into this?

-- Geoff