Shortwave Sportfishing

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 07:49:44 -0400, HarryKrause
wrote:

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 22:33:26 -0400, HarryKrause
wrote:

...will be offered by who?

No turbocharger or supercharger...just a V6 or V8 outboard, four stroke,
300 shp.

My local Yamaha dealer says he thinks in three years or so.

I'm guessing Suzuki.

You'd guess right and I heard form a normally fairly clued in type
that it's next year.

Suzuki seems the most adventurous. Doubt I'd buy one, though; the
engines seem ok, but most of the Suzuki dealerships I have seen seem
marginal. The extended warranty Suzuki gives away isn't much good if you
can't find a dealer who handles it properly and on a timely basis.

The Squeezeuki mechanic over in Rhode Island is pretty good actually.
He seems to have a real handle on four stroke outboards.

The word that I heard is that some of the 300 hp tech is coming right
from the motorcycle side of the business - small V-8 producing
horsepower via the high rev route.

Dunno - we'll see.