Larry W4CSC

wrote in :

just wondering if they are still usable in the waters around the us
and in other countries??

thanx for any/all input

Sure....but they've moved frequency band from MF-HF to VHF

http://www.servo.com/mardf.htm

http://www.vitmarine.com/sit-525adf.html
(If yer fishin' keep yer mouth shut!)

http://www.nationalrf.com/vector-finder.htm
(handheld...help ya find yer walkie talkie or that smartass on ch 16 down
the dock.)

http://www.dopsys.com/
Gummit buys this one. If the damned Coast Guard had one when those kids
died on S/V "Morning Dew", there would have been no question WHERE the kid
was screaming for help and the stupid CG watchstander MIGHT not have
thought it was a hoax...saving lives.

http://radio_tower_finder.hobbytron.com/r-ddf1.html
Here, build your own! $169, complete. Use an array of Metz half-wave
marine antennas instead of the 1/4 wave verticals stuck to the car because
your boat doesn't have a ground plane....Hams use them for "fox hunts"
where someone hides with a walkie and the hams run ragged across the county
trying to find him. When I'm the fox, I park under the big powerlines
which throws them off great!...(c;

http://www.rdfproducts.com/ap_index.htm
Here's more DF information than you'll want, all in one place...

--
Larry

You know you've had a rough night when you wake up and you're outlined in
chalk.