DSK

Bert Robbins wrote:

"DSK" wrote in message
.. .

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

No, I think your confused.

Well, you're wrong.

Even the Super Hornet is still not really a match for the F-14 Tomcat,
which can fly rings around anything except the F-15, and can give that
one a run for it's money.

Well, I've heard differently.

I'll take his word for it.

OK.

Maybe you both should take a look at the results of some past years air
war demos. When it was F-14s vs F-15s, Navy pilots won every time (altough
the Air Force insists they cheat).

There's no cheaters in a dogfight, there's only winners and losers.

Here's a clue, does the Marine Corp even want the Super Hornet?

They don't have a choice, they will be flying the F-35 and the F/A-18 E/F's.

Doesn't matter, the F-14 is on it's way out. As a taxpayer, I'm glad to
see the F-18E Super Hornet replacing the Tomcat. I just hope the lower $$
cost isn't offset by the high price of coming in second best.

The Marine Corps has never flown the F-14. The F-14 is the Navy's fleet
defense fighter. Notice I said it is the Navy's fleet defense fighter.