Bert Robbins

"DSK" wrote in message
Bert Robbins wrote:
I wasn't aware that the Navy only had one squadron still flying the
F-14's. I was under the impression that the F/A-18 E/F SuperHornet's were
still working their way into the line squadrons of the USN and USMC.

http://www.boeing.com/history/mdc/fa-18.htm

The F/A 18 flew almost thirty years ago. They were deployed in the late
1980s and have been front-line service for over ten years.

Need to do a little catching up?

No, I don't

The F/A-18 went into service in the early '80's. My uncle was on the
acquisiton team for the USMC and he was CO of MAG-11 when they came into
service in the USMC. MAG-11 was the first group to get the F/A-18 in the
Corps.