Shortwave Sportfishing

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 13:53:48 -0400, DSK wrote:

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

It was just the combination of swept wings and the maneuvers - for a
freakin' model, that's really impressive.

Yes, it's VERY impressive. I wonder if he has telemtry and/or a better
than stad range control transmitter. It would suck to lose that model...
it has the fastest landing speed of any RC model I've seen.

Did the gear come up? I wasn't sure, on that outside loop it looked like
the gear was up but it was hard to see. I definitely didn't see the
wings sweep back.

It's a shame the Navy only has one squadron of these still flying.
They're really expensive, and getting old, but they are still the best
naval air combat platform... by far.

F/A 18 E is the next best replacement and from what I hear, it's
everything the Tomcat was, even if it's a little smaller.