Brian Nystrom

I admit, my building skills are poor. However, I'd still not reccomend
Gorilla Glue to anybody building boats. I used enough screws that it
should have held better. I also think that if you are going to spend
all that time building a boat, dont you want it to last?

The issue is one of using the right adhesive for the application. You
cannot simply condemn PU glue as unsuitable for any use in boat
building, as it works just fine in some applications and it will last,
too. It's up to the builder to determine if the application is
appropriate. Apparently, for your application and construction
method/standards, PU glue was not appropriate. That's not the fault of
the product.