Ewan Scott

We are visiting my wife's gran in Glasgow in August and we will be staying
in a hotel. We are going on to the Highlands and I am planning on taking a
shiny new kayak along, on top of the car.

My wife who was born in Glasgow says not to bother, it will only get

stolen,
so I've been looking at hotels with free parking, maybe even secure
undergound parking.

Nice. Glasgow is no different from anywhere else, it has the added spice of
low level sectarianism, but that aside it is no different from manchester,
Birmingham or anywhere else.

However, we'll be going into town for a meal - sorry to bore you with the
details - so that leaves the issue, would a hotel be happy to keep the

kayak
somewhere while we drive into town or is it safe to just have the boat on
top of the car in central Glasgow on a Friday night?

I am anxious not to warm up old stereotypes about Glasgow and clearly

you'd
think twice in any inner City area whether it is wise to put £ 750.00

worth
of gear poorly secured on your roof top.

Indeed, would you leave £750 worth of kit l;ying unsecured anywhere?

Ewan Scott