Default Laser sailboat paleontology

I am rebuilding a Laser sailboat made in 1975. I had a bare hull with
NO fittings at all on it, mast, boom, a sail, dagger board, broken
rudder, and a box full of blocks from various boats, some may be Laser
parts. So far, I have replaced the deck acess port, self bailer,
fairleads, bow fitting, grabrails.
I do not have another Laser for comparison to see what I am missing or
what should go where. Fortunately, there are stains and holes marking
where fittings screwed to the hull so I have been able to decipher most
of it. I am uncertain about some things because they seem to differ on
this old boat from the more modern versions.

The boat seemed to have clamcleat style cleats on either side ofht
ecockpit instead of camcleats. Could this be right?

There is no tiller and I am loathe to spend money on a new one so I may
make one. Looking at the fitting for the tiller on the tiller box that
holds the rudder, there is a squareish mount for the rudder. Did a
wooden rudder simply fit into this? The pin that fits into the top of
this through the steel mount on the rudder box, was it simply to hold
the tiller in place? What kept the pin from coming out? How long
should my rudder be? This hole looks to be no more than 1'X1" which
seems sorta flimsy, what about this?

The cord that attaches to the forward edge of the rudder may be to haul
th erudder down after launching but I am not sure how to lead it.

I have downloaded a rigging manual for a newer Laser but it doesnt tell
the lengths of the various lines or their size. Can anybody tell me
this info?

Thanks,

David OHara