Andrew Butchart

One of the best boat-building supplies places close to you is Noah's in
Toronto - http://www.noahsmarine.com (I'm not affiliated - just a customer).
For "stabalizers" some people go cheap and wire-tie pool noodles to their
gunwales.

You may want to check out the outdoor store in Waterloo on King between
Weber and Columbia for some ideas as well.

--
Andrew Butchart

"okey dokey" wrote in message
Hi, I just bought a fibreglass canoe (13.5') and had a couple of
questions.

The first one is this, the boat right now has a beautiful paint job,
and you always see canoes scratched up on the bottom from beaching,
and river beachings on stones and such. Is there anything that I
could put on the bottom that could protect my hull better from
scratches and dings than what is just on there now? Any kind of
special antiscratch paint, or anything i could buy to cover the bottom
from dings and scratches? If so, where do i get this stuff from (Im
in Kitchener Ontario one hour west of Toronto)?

The second, I notice that canoes are extremely unstable as one shift
of your body the wrong way means "hello water". I have noticed on the
internet things called "Canoe Stabilizers" and was wondering if anyone
knows a cheap (price, not necessarily quality) way to build one of
these that is simple for a novice to build? I dont want it
permanently in the hull, something i could remove would be great. I
want to use it mostly for fishing stability. Anyone know where i can
get free plans for these things? or can offer me some tips as to what
materials to use, ie. for the floats, the arms, how to attach one to
the other, etc?

Any advice would be great.

sorry about the long questions.
Anyways, happy boating