seeray28

I have the exact same boat. after the second time out I had to add od oil to
the monitor/resivior, since then I havent had to add oil (about 15 hours
ago). I think that when the dealer installs the drive they are not getting
all the air out of the system. At least thats my assumption.
How is the boat running otherwise. When your at idle does the engine sound
like it wants to die due to too low of idle. Mine idles fine but has that
too low of idle setting lope.
Steve
"Mr Wizzard" wrote in message
Got my new 2005 Bayliner 17.5 Capi out on the BIG lake
for the fist time the other night for about 6 hours or so, and
I noticied that the little plastic "drive lube oil" resivour was
down about 1/2 inch - is this normal ? I checked it just before
I went out, and it was a tad bit over the top line of the operating
range, now its right between the two lines. So where did this
little bit of oil go? Its not much, I know, just wondering if its
normal for a brand new boat be using any grear lube oil at all.
(i.e., isn't this a closed system?) Or maybe that now since I
gave it a good work-out out on the lake, that its just settled,
or filled in all of the air pockets/voids in the outdrive?

Thanks!