Marty

"rozz" wrote in message
oups.com...
Our local fireworks are over the water, and we always enjoy seeing them
that way. We get there early afternoon and anchor out, and then picnic
and play until afterwards, and then join the parade home. It's a great
experience, but we do see a few drunks etc. The local police and coast
guard are out in full force however and keep things pretty well under
control. Out boat is big enough that the kids can go to sleep below
after the fireworks and we can concentrate on driving. Maybe you want
to buddy up with someone else if you try it though. We usually meet up
with friends so we can raft off of each other and help watch the kids
together. Good Luck!! Rozz

Well, Saturday at the lake was surprisingly uneventful. Not to mention
pleasant.
We arrived at our nearest lake about 0930. The fog had just lifted and
there weren't any boats in line for the dock and plenty of truck/trailer
parking available nearby.
I don't know what the norm is, but the next guy in line turned on the blower
and fired her up for my wife while I was parking the truck. I wouldn't have
taken those liberties myself, but I'm new to the powerboat world where you
have to share ramp and dock space and someone is waiting on you (maybe
marina's should have valet parking - just kidding about that, I think).

Blue skies, warm water and no crowds and minimal traffic build up after
noon. Had a great day in spite of my worries! I'm glad I caved in to my
wife and kids.

I guess I'll let ya'll know how Monday goes at the big lake; I expect the
driving to/from will be the biggest problem (maybe I'll get lucky with that,
too).

Thanks for the tips and opinions.

Happy 4th!

Marty