otnmbrd

"Roger Long" wrote in message

It probably would have worked fine if I'd been alone. I'd have cast off
the boat and then given my full attention to the rest. This business of
teaching line handling while learning docking is tough. Nothing like, "You
mean this line?", as the kid puts his hand on the roller jib sheet, to
kind of freeze your mental processes at a critical moment.

BG As I said before and I repeat again .... a line handler can make a good
docking look bad and a bad docking look good.

Take the time to teach them not only the what, but the why and how.

otn