Peggie Hall

HarryKrause wrote:

Flushing out a holding tank...I don't have one handy, but if I recall,
there is no flush out opening. The only thing I can think of offhand is
to run a hose into the clean-out, turn on the water, and let it all come
out the clean-out hole.

There's an easier way (ok, MAYBE easier): after pumpout, put a few
gallons--enough to cover the bottom to a depth of several inches--of
clean fresh water down the deck pumpout fitting...'cuz that sends the
water into the tank at the bottom to stir up any sludge. Pump that
out...repeat, repeat...till you're only pumping out clean water.

As you may recall, Peggie, I prefer NOT to use the head on a boat if
there is a holding tank, and, in fact, have only used the one on my
Parker when I had the boat down off Virginia Beach in the Atlantic.

If you're anywhere on the whole east coast between RI and the FL Keys,
you wouldnt have to use the tank at all if you installed a Lectra/San.

Can you recommend a bilge cleaning product?

Any good strong low suds detergent or engine degreaser...I'm partial to
Wisk unless there are patches of oil etc that have turned to "bubble
gum"...in which case I'd go with the most powerful engine degreaser he
can find at an auto parts store.

--
Peggie