Charles T. Low

Great thread. Some of I summarized a long time ago, and it is
semi-permanently posted he

www.boatdocking.com/other/Sternway.html

====

Charles T. Low
www.boatdocking.com

====

"Roger Long" wrote in message
We just moved to our permanent dock which is longer and narrower than the
temporary one we were on. The boat will not back out now without the stern
walking far enough that we'll hit the boat on the other side of the slip
(mercifully, it hasn't shown up yet but I'm trying to keep the space
inviolate for practice). My crew is small enough in stature that our 32
footer might as well be one of the big sail training vessels I'm familiar
with as far as fending off or hauling the bow or stern in with a dock line
is concerned....