Shortwave Sportfishing

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 03:23:44 GMT, "Jack Goff" wrote:

"Ignoramus9053" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 19:27:04 -0400, HarryKrause

wrote:
Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
http://www.big-boys.com/articles/f14model.html

Tom, there's a fella on DIY TV with a radio control model show. If you
can locate his web site, he has lotsa info on large, RC-controlled jets,
and has done a few shows on them. If you are not a skilled RC flier,
though, you might want to start with something a lot slower.

I wonder why terrorists have not used these RC planes yet.

You have to be able to see it to fly it. That, coupled with the fact that
they really can't carry much of a payload, renders them pretty much useless
for terrorist.

The jets are pretty cool, though. Lots of money tied up in one... the
engines are $3000 and up, so that guy probably had almost $10k in that
model. They are capable of well over 200mph, which makes them a challenge
to fly. They get small pretty fast.

Unbelievable describes what the model helicopters are capable of. They can
do things that the full size guys can't dream of. Like hover... upside
down! Inches above the grass. And do full-speed-ahead tail over nose
tumbles. They are the most difficult to learn to fly... it's kind of like
trying to sit on top of a huge beach ball and keep your balance. Only far
more difficult.

I'm very envious of folks who can fly those things - I don't have the
hand/eye coordination to do it properly.

I've seen some models do some really interesting things like those
helicopters. This model just amazed me - swing wings and everything.
I can't imagine the time and effort that would go into something like
that.

I suppose it's comparable to making custom rods and lures.