pjbphd

"John Fereira" wrote in message
.. .
There's an article in the most recent Sea Kayaker magazine about paddline
Lake Powell. They mentioned that they used a commercial boat shuttle
service but didn't say anything about exhorbiant prices. There may be
more
information at the end of the article that can help.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, what the author did was hire a guide
with his own boat. The group I'll be going with is pretty experienced and
familiar with the area so we don't need or really want a guide. The info
box at the end of the article also mentioned shuttles from Antelope Point
Marina at $62/hour. Because we'll need two shuttles to carry all the gear
and people and they charge from the time they leave the dock to the time
they return, that's what adds up to about $1700. Maybe a little less from
Antelope than Wahweap, but still around $1500.

Thanks anyway.

pjb