Don White

Roger Long wrote:
snip...
The bottom line is that 15 horsepower in reverse through a two blade
prop on a heavy 32 foot boat isn’t going to do squat in fancy line
maneuvers. I’m going to have to make sure I always invite some big
guests for every sail or think of something else.

How do you do it?

When I was crewing on a Mirage 33, I would stay on the slip and hold
onto the boat while the skipper backed out. I would time it so that I
could jump back on just before the shrouds were equal to the end of the
slip. On this boat he had a fixed three blade prop so it did back out
better than his previous boat with the two bladed folding prop.