Moores family

Stephen Trapani wrote:

To pull out of a slip backwards singlehanded with my 33' Hunter, I lock
the rudder over the way I want to back out, untie, hop out onto the dock
and holding the bow rail, walk the boat out of the slip. It will turn a
little in the correct direction usually but if it's not enough, as I
reach the end of the dock I give the bow a little boost sideways in the
correct direction as I hop on. This always gets me facing the right
direction. I make my way back to the helm, unlock the wheel and
straighten the rudder. Put it in forward and off we go.

Erm... Presumably hope like hell that you don't slip and lose grip on
your baby? Or do you take the precaution of having a line connecting
self and boat?

I've got the added problem in Tropic Bird of an offset prop. All astern
is really good for is taking way off, she just goes where she wants to
going astern...
JM