*JimH*

"Marty" wrote in message
m...
My wife and kids want to take the boat to our local lake (45 minutes away)
on Saturday and our friends lake (2 hours away) on the 4th this weekend.
I've never ventured out on a July 4th weekend for boating on LAKES. Do
you folks really enjoy boating on such a popular weekend? What's it take
to have a good time under extremely crowded conditions? Patience, and
lots of it, I assume. And sobriety until the boat and car driving are
done for the day, is my other assumption. And, finally, being with good
family or good friends or both, is my last first-to-mind assumption.

What are your tips and tricks that increase the odds of having a good time
on such a high-density weekend?

What's the latest you would get to your launch ramp each morning this
weekend?

Have a great, safe, sane, and fun 4th of July weekend!

Marty

Take the boat out as you would on any weekend....but..........be especially
careful of the other boaters and be prepared for heavy ramp traffic.

Yes, you are correct in being concerned with the increased boat traffic and
boaters not knowing the basic rules of the road, but don't let them spoil
your weekend. Go slow. Be careful. Find a fairly secluded spot and drop
anchor for some fishing or swimming....and enjoy yourselves.

Sobriety is a good thing for you, the skipper, anytime but 2 or 3 beers over
a 4-6 hour period on the water (anchored) will not impair your driving
abilities or reaction time. Just go slow and enjoy the ride. NOTE: If
the goody 2 shoes here think differently they live in another world.

I cannot speak of the ramp traffic as I have not trailered a boat for some
20 years and you did not say where you boat.