Meindert Sprang

"Brian Nystrom" wrote in message
news:LT8xe.14504$Q27.5022@trndny02...
wrote:
Joints which were glued with Gorilla Glue and then screwed together (on
the boats) easily came apart by prying, the glue failed. I was
horrified when I saw how weak this stuff is.

If the joints were that weak, the screws must not have clamped them
tight enough and the glue expanded. The same is probably true of your
chair repairs. With tight joints, the wood will fail before the glue
does. You CANNOT use PU glue to fill gaps; it says that right on the
bottle. Epoxy is definitely more forgiving and does fill gaps well, but
you can't blame the PU glue if you use it improperly or in the wrong
application.

But the problem with boats is that you cannot make tight joints most of the
time. It's almost impossible to apply 4kg/cm2 on a joint which is several
meters long.

Meindert