Peter Wiley

In article , Peter Hendra
wrote:

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:20:18 GMT, WaIIy wrote:

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:02:46 +1000, Peter Hendra
wrote:

Forgive me all for this forthcoming sin but I suppose that you have similar
problems to shrub and his friends - Blair and Deputy Sherrif Howard in their
concept of what constitutes "evidence" - eg. "weapons of mass destruction"

Really, is there any need to make negative comments such as this?

You asked your own question and revealed your agenda all a few
sentences.

Actually, I have no agenda. I merely object to the bull**** that we are fed by
the media from the politicians.

When Australia invaded east Timor in a purely humanitarian gesture to "save
the
poor East Timorese", we in Australia had to pay an extra "war tax". What most
people did not realise at the time was that plans had already been drawn up
for
the building of a refinery at Darwin to cater for the expected oil from east
Timor of which nothing appeared in the media. One month after the troops
arrived, an agreement was signed by the new government. For years Australia
had
kept its hands off the former Portugese colony. When the Indonesians invaded,
when 5 Australian journalists were killed by the military, when thousands of
people were slaughtered etc, etc. not a word of protest was heard. as soon as
there was evidence of oil, they sent in the troops. Why tax us and not the oil
companies.

Just because *you* and your equally ignorant associates didn't know
that there was oil there isn't proof that nobody else knew. It's been a
well known fact for decades.

The *FACT* is, we're likely to pay East Timor FAR, FAR, FAR more and
maybe have to renegotiate the seabed boundary IN THEIR FAVOUR now
they're independent. That boundary was a done deal while Indonesia had
possession/control. Australia, as a nation, was a lot better off
WITHOUT an independent, poor, problematic and likely failed state off
our NW boundary, causing aggravation with Indonesia. Nevertheless, they
did want independence and we did support them in their desires, AGAINST
OUR OWN NATIONAL INTEREST.

God, I wish people like you would learn to read something other than
Green Left Weekly. Get a brain, not everything is about oil. In this
case, it's mainly natural gas anyway, and we have vast reserves on the
NW Shelf already.

PDW