Tom McCloud

On 26 Jun 2005 23:57:44 -0700, "Colo paddler" wrote:
I'm new to OC-1 and was wondering what footwear folks have found that
work well. The booties I normally wear for kayaking don't have stiff
soles, so they don't give me much support when in the kneeling-feet
against footbraces OC-1 style position. What do you wear on your feet
when paddling your OC-1?

I also find the typical neoprene booties too flimsy, and also the
soles too slippery. My solution was to buy the felt soles that are
sold for the bottom of the waders that fishermen wear. Presumably the
felt is much less slippery on slimy, wet rocks. These felt soles get
applied to the booties with contact adhesive. This solves two
problems at once, at least for me. Tom McCloud